Known as the most important meal of the day, breakfast replenishes the body's supply of essential nutrients and energy to get you ready for your day.
The withinUs Team have been testing out various breakfast bar recipes, and we have found a winner! The recipe is inspired by Oh She Glows, an amazing site full of mouth-watering, delicious, and inspiring recipes. This breakfast bar is a combination of some of our favorite ingredients, including withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen and a variety of dried fruit and nuts. The Super-Charged withinUs Breakfast Bar is simple to make, packed with essential ingredients for optimal nutrition and energy - and it's delicious!
What's not to love?
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 large)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1-4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
4 scoops (20g) withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large rectangular baking tray with a piece of parchment paper (with overhang) so the bars are easier to remove.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas until smooth, and stir in vanilla.
3. Stir oats into the banana mixture until fully incorporated. Option - put oats in the blender for a smoother bar texture.
4. Stir in dried cranberries, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin and chia seeds, hemp hearts, cinnamon, salt, and withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen into the banana-oat mixture until thoroughly combined.
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tray. Smooth the mixture out until even and compact.
6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until golden brown along the edges.
Do you have a favorite breakfast recipe? We are always looking for healthy, nutritious and quick ideas to fuel us in the a.m. We look forward to hearing from you.
Comments will be approved before showing up.