GET READY TO GLOW THIS WINTER
On cold winter nights, there is really nothing more comforting than a big bowl of home-made soup. Nourish your body and give your immune system some extra love with this immune-boosting Golden Butternut Squash Soup, which includes a secret ingredient - withinUs Golden Glow + TruMarine™ Collagen.
This easy-to-make soup is full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients and is easy to whip up a batch when you feel your body needs a boost!
Key Ingredients include:
Butternut squash: Rich in vitamin A (beta-carotene which gives carrots their vibrant colour!) and Vitamin C
Ginger: Along with many other health benefits, ginger has both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
Parsley: Rich in Vitamins K, C, and A
1 small onion
1 nub (2 inch) fresh ginger
1 clove fresh garlic
1 can (approx 2 cups) of butternut squash OR half a roasted butternut squash, pureed
1 large carrot
1 apple (sweet - ie. gala)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tsp withinUs Golden Glow + TruMarine™ Collagen
3-4 cups vegetable stock/broth
Salt & pepper to taste
½ tsp thyme (optional)
½ tsp sage (optional)
Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Chop and dice the onion, carrot, apple, garlic and ginger.
- Heat and melt coconut oil on the stove.
- Add onion to the pan, sauté until translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, and stir for approximately one minute. Add the apple and carrot and sauté until all soft and translucent.
- Add in Golden Glow and optional sage and thyme, stir for approximately one minute, until fragrant.
- Turn the stove off and allow the mixture to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the sautéed vegetable mixture to the blender along with the butternut squash puree. Top with broth (start with 3 cups, adding more liquid as necessary for desired consistency). Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour back into the pot to reheat back on the stove.
- Taste and add more salt or pepper to taste if needed.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds for crunch. Best served with a warm slice of fresh sourdough bread on the side.