Photo credit: @katehorsmanhealth
Protein, in general, is an essential part of your diet and is required to maintain muscle mass, repair tissue, help boost metabolism, and is good for overall health. Check out this creative, protein rich, and absolutely delicious recipe featuring withinUs Plant Protein + TruMarine™ Collagen from our withinUs Ambassador Kate Horsman.
• 1 cup almond or peanut butter
• 3 tbsp maple syrup / sub or add in stevia for more sweetness
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3 scoops withinUs Plant Protein + TruMarine™ Collagen
• 1 tbsp chaga
• Pinch of Himalayan salt
• 1 cup puffed quinoa
• 1/2 cup cacao powder
• 1/2 cup cacao butter
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• Himalayan salt (to top)
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, protein, superfoods, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Blend until well combined. The mixture should come together smooth as a nut butter. If you feel it is too dry, you can add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
2. Stir quinoa into the mixture, combine well and set in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from fridge and scoop protein mixture using a tablespoon and form into little balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once portioned out, set all balls back in the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Make the chocolate mixture. Melt cacao butter, add cacao powder and sweetener and stir until smooth and silky. Set aside.
5. Now we are ready to get the shell of the balls ready. Individually drop each protein ball into the chocolate mixture and roll around with a fork to coat. Lift out with a fork and lay on the baking sheet to set.
6. Drizzle any remaining chocolate over top of all (like an artiste) and top with a sprinkle of Himalayan sat. Voila. Look like truffles but worth a whole lot more.
Keep in fridge and enjoy!
WHY WITHINUS PLANT PROTEIN + TRUMARINE™ COLLAGEN?
In 2017 the discussion began: the withinUs team sat down and was talking about protein supplements that we have tried, and what we would recommend for each other, BUT none of us were happy with any products we had tried. We talked about what our IDEAL protein supplement would look like:
plant based (NOT sourced from whey)
easily digested (sprouted/fermented ingredients)
sugar and stevia free
The discussion about our ideal protein supplement eventually lead to us creating our own signature protein blend - withinUs Plant Protein + TruMarine™ Collagen.
withinUs Plant Protein includes a full serving of the highest grade of ingestible collagen (withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen) in every scoop. Our plant protein blend contains 25g of clean, complete protein, and we can boldly state that there is simply NO other protein powder like it on the market. We know you’ll be impressed by the list of 5 premium ingredients:
Certified organic fermented pea
Certified organic sprouted brown rice
Certified organic sprouted quinoa
Certified organic sacha inchi
Non-GMO, Premium-Select, withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen sourced from wild-caught, sustainable fish scales (highest grade of collagen available)
THE BENEFITS OF WITHINUS TRUMARINE™ COLLAGEN:
withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen consists of 18 amino acids, 7 of which are essential amino acids. Much different from other protein sources, collagen peptides contain a unique combination and ratio of amino acids (protein) - most importantly glycine, proline and hydroxyproline which are essential for collagen production. You will not find this unique combination/high ratio of these specific amino acids in any plant-based protein, which is one of the reasons we added a full serving of withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen to the mix.